- Had eight fights at lightweight (5-3) after 2-2 stint at 170 pounds
- Fourth consecutive fight at 170 pounds (McGregor I & II, Pettis)
- 12 wins by submission (5 guillotine, armbar, 4 triangle, keylock, RNC), 5 by KO
- Finished all four of his TUF5 fights.
- Made pro debut at 19.
- Eight first round finishes
- Tied with Joe Lauzon for second most post-fight bonuses in UFC history - 15
TRAINING: A typical day starts with a good run. Afterwards I spar either boxing or kickboxing. Later I work jiu-jitsu and takedowns. I lift weights late at night and try to eat as healthy as possible.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training when I was younger just because I didn’t have much else to do, and that’s what my brother (Nick Diaz) did. I just went to the gym with him, he started fighting in the UFC, and I wanted to help him win fights so I did everything I could. I put on the gloves and sparred with him, and before I knew it I was getting a fight of my own.
What ranks and titles have you held? Black belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, The Ultimate Fighter 5 winner
Do you have any heroes? Nick Diaz, Cesar Gracie, the entire Gracie family, and all my training partners on the Cesar Gracie Fight Team
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? I think it’s cool. It’s been a dream for of mine for a long time to fight in a big show.
What was your job before you started fighting? High school student
Masvidal vs DiazRound3Time5:00MethodKO/TKO
Pettis vs DiazRound3Time5:00MethodDEC
Diaz vs McGregorRound5Time05:00MethodDEC